Radermachera sinica, China Doll Plant (1.5m)
This plant should not be repotted, as it grows best when its roots are rootbound. The most important thing to keep in mind is that China doll plants do not like change. A change in light, water, temperature or repotting the plant will cause a massive leaf drop.
- Sunlight: Direct sunlight and partial sunlight
Water: Water when the soil on the top of the pot is dry to the touch. Be careful not to overwater the plant, as it does not like this and can develop root rot if left sitting in water due to poor drainage.
- Fertiliser: Keep plant in top form by feeding the plants every few weeks with a dilute solution of liquid fertilizer.
- Plant size: approx. 152.4cm (vary in sizes)
- Rootball size: 35cm x 35cm
- Pot type: Plant comes in brown landscape pot (with drainage hole)
* Product photo shown is for reference only. Actual plant colour, type, size and arrangement may differ from photo.
* Kindly take note when you're purchasing matching pot, the diameter has to be larger than the rootball size.
Soil for Potted Plants
Plants should be grown in fertilised potting mix. Make or buy a fertilised mix which consist of coco peat moss or coconut fiber (coir), vermiculite or perlite, compost and other ingredients. A lightweight soil for potted plants needs to provide good drainage, hold moisture, and give roots room to grow.
All plants depend on light for their survival, and making sure your potted plants get the right amount of light is key to keeping them happy. For both indoor and outdoor containers, group plants with similar light requirements. Don't mix shade lovers with sun lovers in a single pot; one or both of them will be unhappy, depending on where you place the pot.