Plectranthus scutellarioides, Coleus (0.4m)
This product is currently sold out.
If the colours of your Coleus plant look washed out and dull, it may be getting too much sun. Most coleus plants don't tolerate direct, sustained sunlight. Check your coleus variety to make sure, but most need shade or partial shade in order to really thrive. If your plant starts to lose leaves, however, this is usually an indication that it's in a spot that's either too dark or too cold.
- Sunlight: Direct sunlight and partial sunlight
- Water: Remember that it's the roots that need access to water, not the leaves. Wetting the foliage is a waste of water and can promote the spread of disease.
- Fertiliser: Keep plant in top form by feeding the plants every few weeks with a dilute solution of liquid fertilizer.
- Plant size: approx. 45cm (vary in sizes)
- Rootball size: 23cm x 23cm
- Colour: Comes in random colour depending on the stocks available
- Pot type: Plant comes in brown landscape pot (with drainage hole)
* Product photo shown is for reference only. Actual plant colour, type, size and arrangement may differ from photo.
Soil for Potted Plants
Plants should be grown in fertilised potting mix. Make or buy a fertilised mix which consist of coco peat moss or coconut fiber (coir), vermiculite or perlite, compost and other ingredients. A lightweight soil for potted plants needs to provide good drainage, hold moisture, and give roots room to grow.
All plants depend on light for their survival, and making sure your potted plants get the right amount of light is key to keeping them happy. For both indoor and outdoor containers, group plants with similar light requirements. Don't mix shade lovers with sun lovers in a single pot; one or both of them will be unhappy, depending on where you place the pot.