Angelonia angustifolia (Small), Summer Snapdragon (0.4m)
Angelonia is an erect perennial with smooth stems and narrow leaves, with beautiful spikes of white, pink, blue, lavender and purple flowers. It has been extensively hybridized, and now even striped varieties are available. A beautiful plant to add a splash of bright colour to a hot, sunny spot. It attracts butterflies and hummingbirds.
- Sunlight: Direct and partial sunlight
- Water: Although they are more drought resistant than some other annual flowers, they do prefer to be watered when the soil feels dry to the touch.
- Fertiliser: Keep plant in top form by feeding the plants every few weeks with a dilute solution of liquid fertilizer.
- Plant size: approx. 42.67cm (vary in sizes)
- Rootball size: 15cm x 15cm
- Pot type: Plant comes in brown landscape pot (with drainage hole)
Soil for Potted Plants
Plants should be grown in fertilised potting mix. Make or buy a fertilised mix which consist of coco peat moss or coconut fiber (coir), vermiculite or perlite, compost and other ingredients. A lightweight soil for potted plants needs to provide good drainage, hold moisture, and give roots room to grow.
All plants depend on light for their survival, and making sure your potted plants get the right amount of light is key to keeping them happy. For both indoor and outdoor containers, group plants with similar light requirements. Don't mix shade lovers with sun lovers in a single pot; one or both of them will be unhappy, depending on where you place the pot.