Dionaea muscipula, Venus Fly Trap (0.05m)
This product is currently sold out.
If the plant is not catching its own food, it needs to be fed in the traps with live insects, re hydrated blood worms, or other kinds of fish food high in insect-derived protein that can be conveniently re hydrated. If you use dead food, the traps need to be massaged to stimulate full closure and digestion.
- Sunlight: Full sunlight
- Water: The pot with the plant must always be sitting in pure water.
- Fertiliser: Keep plant in top form by feeding the plants every few weeks with a dilute solution of liquid fertilizer.
- Plant size: approx. 5cm (vary in sizes)
- Rootball size: 10.5cm x 10.5cm
- Pot type: Plant comes in brown landscape pot (with drainage hole)
* Product photo shown is for reference only. Actual plant colour, type, size and arrangement may differ from photo.
Soil for Potted Plants
Plants should be grown in fertilised potting mix. Make or buy a fertilised mix which consist of coco peat moss or coconut fiber (coir), vermiculite or perlite, compost and other ingredients. A lightweight soil for potted plants needs to provide good drainage, hold moisture, and give roots room to grow.
All plants depend on light for their survival, and making sure your potted plants get the right amount of light is key to keeping them happy. For both indoor and outdoor containers, group plants with similar light requirements. Don't mix shade lovers with sun lovers in a single pot; one or both of them will be unhappy, depending on where you place the pot.