Monstera deliciosa, Swiss Cheese Plant (0.6m)
Grow Monstera just about anywhere in your house. It tolerates low light, but grows faster and becomes more dramatic in a bright spot. In most areas, it can take some direct sun on its leaves when grown in the house.
Water Monstera regularly, enough to keep the soil from drying out. The plant is somewhat drought tolerant, so you don't need to worry about keeping up with the watering all the time.
- Sunlight: Partial sunlight and full shade
- Water: Water your Monstera weekly, or whenever the top 1 inch of soil feels dry, and allow it to drain completely.
- Fertiliser: Keep plant in top form by feeding the plants every few weeks with a dilute solution of liquid fertilizer.
- Plant size: approx. 60.96cm (vary in sizes)
- Rootball size: 25cm x 25cm
- Pot type: Plant comes in brown landscape pot (with drainage hole)
* Product photo shown is for reference only. Actual plant colour, type, size and arrangement may differ from photo.
Soil for Potted Plants
Plants should be grown in fertilised potting mix. Make or buy a fertilised mix which consist of coco peat moss or coconut fiber (coir), vermiculite or perlite, compost and other ingredients. A lightweight soil for potted plants needs to provide good drainage, hold moisture, and give roots room to grow.
All plants depend on light for their survival, and making sure your potted plants get the right amount of light is key to keeping them happy. For both indoor and outdoor containers, group plants with similar light requirements. Don't mix shade lovers with sun lovers in a single pot; one or both of them will be unhappy, depending on where you place the pot.