Maranta Amagris (0.2m)
This product is currently sold out.
Grow Maranta in low, medium, or bright light. In bright light, it's best to protect the leaves from direct sun by using a sheer curtain or other filter. Water it just before the soil surface dries. This plant likes to stay relatively moist (but not sopping wet all the time). Its leaves can start to turn brown if it dries out too much or too often.
- Sunlight: Partial sunlight
- Water: During the growth season, water frequently and never allow potting soil to dry out. They are very susceptible to drought. However, to avoid fungal problems, try not to get water directly on the leaves or let it sit.
- Fertiliser: Keep plant in top form by feeding the plants every few weeks with a dilute solution of liquid fertilizer.
- Plant size: approx. 20cm (vary in sizes)
- Rootball size: 15cm x 15cm
- Pot type: Plant comes in brown landscape pot (with drainage hole)
* Product photo shown is for reference only. Actual plant colour, type, size and arrangement may differ from photo.
Soil for Potted Plants
Plants should be grown in fertilised potting mix. Make or buy a fertilised mix which consist of coco peat moss or coconut fiber (coir), vermiculite or perlite, compost and other ingredients. A lightweight soil for potted plants needs to provide good drainage, hold moisture, and give roots room to grow.
All plants depend on light for their survival, and making sure your potted plants get the right amount of light is key to keeping them happy. For both indoor and outdoor containers, group plants with similar light requirements. Don't mix shade lovers with sun lovers in a single pot; one or both of them will be unhappy, depending on where you place the pot.