Galphimia glauca, Shower of Gold (0.4m)
This product is currently sold out.
Grow this plant in a spot that sees full sun (at least 6 to 8 hours of direct sun each day) to maximize its flowering potential. This sun-loving plant will tolerate part shade (areas with morning shade and afternoon sun), but is more likely to grow lanky and bloom less.
Water them when the top inch of the soil dries out. While it loves hot weather, it's not particularly drought tolerant. Too little water will reduce flowering, especially if it's grown in pots or containers.
- Sunlight: Direct sunlight and partial sunlight
- Water: Remember that it's the roots that need access to water, not the leaves. Wetting the foliage is a waste of water and can promote the spread of disease.
- Fertiliser: Keep plant in top form by feeding the plants every few weeks with a dilute solution of liquid fertilizer.
- Plant size: approx. 40cm (vary in sizes)
- Rootball size: 25cm x 25cm
- Pot type: Plant comes in brown landscape pot (with drainage hole)
* Product photo shown is for reference only. Actual plant colour, type, size and arrangement may differ from photo.
Soil for Potted Plants
Plants should be grown in fertilised potting mix. Make or buy a fertilised mix which consist of coco peat moss or coconut fiber (coir), vermiculite or perlite, compost and other ingredients. A lightweight soil for potted plants needs to provide good drainage, hold moisture, and give roots room to grow.
All plants depend on light for their survival, and making sure your potted plants get the right amount of light is key to keeping them happy. For both indoor and outdoor containers, group plants with similar light requirements. Don't mix shade lovers with sun lovers in a single pot; one or both of them will be unhappy, depending on where you place the pot.