Curcuma roscoeana, Curcuma Orange (0.5m)
Although curcuma plants have tropical origins, most varieties dislike spending the entire day in unfiltered sunlight. In an ideal location, the flowers receive morning sunlight and some afternoon shade.
The turmeric plants require consistently and adequately watering. Over watering will slow down growth. The tips of the leaves will burn if the plant is in too much mid day sun or if the soil becomes dry. If you are growing your turmeric in a container, water only when you feel the soil slightly dry to the touch. This will prevent leaching out of nutrients due to over watering.
- Sunlight: Direct sunlight and partial sunlight
- Water: Remember that it's the roots that need access to water, not the leaves. Wetting the foliage is a waste of water and can promote the spread of disease.
- Fertiliser: Keep plant in top form by feeding the plants every few weeks with a dilute solution of liquid fertilizer.
- Plant size: approx. 50cm (vary in sizes)
- Rootball size: 15cm x 15cm
- Pot type: Plant comes in brown landscape pot (with drainage hole)
* Seasonal plants, stock availability subjected to changes.
* Product photo shown is for reference only. Actual plant colour, type, size and arrangement may differ from photo.
* Kindly take note when you're purchasing matching pot, the diameter has to be larger than the rootball size
Soil for Potted Plants
Plants should be grown in fertilised potting mix. Make or buy a fertilised mix which consist of coco peat moss or coconut fiber (coir), vermiculite or perlite, compost and other ingredients. A lightweight soil for potted plants needs to provide good drainage, hold moisture, and give roots room to grow.
All plants depend on light for their survival, and making sure your potted plants get the right amount of light is key to keeping them happy. For both indoor and outdoor containers, group plants with similar light requirements. Don't mix shade lovers with sun lovers in a single pot; one or both of them will be unhappy, depending on where you place the pot.